This week’s Instructor Snap Shot features Michelle Luth, an instructor who has been teaching fitness classes since she was 15!
Instructor Snap Shot: Michelle Luth
- Where are you from? Mississippi.
- Tell us about your family and pets? My husband’s name is Scott, and we have two daughters, Jenna and Anna Jordan. We also have two labradoodles, Darcy and Scout.
- What is your education and fitness training experience and background? I have a B.A. in Marketing from MSU. I started teaching fitness classes at the age of 15. In 2001, I began teaching Pilates and was certified through Balanced Body.
- Do you have a career outside of fitness instruction of is this your full-time occupation? Mom!!
- What do you enjoy most about teaching? I enjoy all the different and interesting people I get to meet.
- What is your favorite class to teach and why? Pilates Equipment because there are tons of possibilities for exercises.
- What is your favorite exercise: ANYTHING Pilates!
- What are your favorite Pilates essentials? A good attitude! 🙂
- What is your favorite brand of activewear and why? Alo, Onzie, and Beyond Yoga are my favorites because they are so comfortable.
- When not teaching Pilates, what are your hobbies and interests? When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my family, shopping, and volunteering at my daughters’ swim meets and at our church.
- What is your favorite healthy snack? Hummus and carrots.
- What is the best benefit you’ve received from Pilates: The best benefit I’ve received from Pilates is core stability.
- Do you have any advice for someone just starting Pilates? Pilates is different from any exercise you have ever done. It takes a lot of thought and focus and allows you to clear your mind of everything else.
- Anything else you want to add? Join me for my new Pilates Equipment class on Tuesdays at 5:30am at Pure Pilates Downtown!
Michelle teaches throughout the week at both the Gulf Breeze and Downtown studios, including Cardio Equipment in Gulf Breeze on Wednesdays and Fridays at 11:30am and Pilates Equipment at the Downtown studio on Tuesdays at 5:30am. To view her entire class schedule, visit us on MindBody. Michelle also takes appointments for privates and duets throughout the week!
We hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of our Instructor Snap Shot. Check back with us regularly to get to know all of our talented, hard-working instructors.