This week’s Instructor Snap Shot features Christina Snuffin, a barre, aerial, and TRX instructor who also owns Fairytale by Christina.
Instructor Snap Shot: Christina Snuffin
- Where are you from? Fairfax County, Virginia.
- Tell us about your family and pets? My husband, Durham, and I have a son, Durham Christopher and a dog, Rookie.
- What is your education and fitness training experience and background? I have a B.S. in Arts Management with a concentration in Dance and an M.S. Kinesiology with a focus in Campus Recreation Leadership. I am an AFAA Group Fitness Instructor, a certified TRX instructor, and an aerial yoga instructor. I am also a Balanced Body Mat Apprentice.
- Do you have a career outside of fitness instruction of is this your full-time occupation? I am a children’s birthday party planner and dance teacher! 🙂
- What do you enjoy most about teaching? I love providing clients with a “hurts so good” workout.
- What is your favorite class to teach and why? Barre! I love the combination of ballet, Pilates Mat, cardio, strengthening, and toning.
- What is your favorite exercise: Squats and lunges – they’ll get you EVERY time!
- What is your favorite type of music/favorite song to listen to while working out: Beach Boys Pandora
- What are your favorite Pilates essentials? I never go anywhere without my Beyond Yoga hear and my Lucy Ballet Grip Socks.
- What is your favorite brand of activewear and why? Beyond Yoga – I love the fit, durability, and bright colors.
- When not teaching Pilates, what are your hobbies and interests? Before children – yoga, kayaking, and the beach! Now my kid is my hobby!
- What is your favorite healthy snack? Synergy Kombucha – the Guava Goddess flavor
- What is the best benefit you’ve received from Pilates: Pelvic Floor recuperation postpartum!
- Do you have any advice for someone just starting Pilates? Keep a regular practice and challenge yourself – don’t settle for a good session…make it great!
- Anything else you want to add? You will never regret a workout. Your only regrets will be the workouts you didn’t do!
We hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of our Instructor Snap Shot. Be sure to check in regularly so you can get to know all of our staff.
To get your cardio on with Christina, join her for TRX every Friday at 10am at Pure Pilates Gulf Breeze. And stay tuned for Christina’s upcoming workshops and Fairytale by Christina children’s classes over Spring Break and throughout the summer!