This week’s Instructor Snap Shot features classically-trained Pilates Instructor, Evan Jordan!
Instructor Snap Shot: Evan Jordan
- Where are you from? Tallahassee, FL
- Tell us about your family and pets? I am married with two kids – Jack is 6 and Pippa is 3. We have a dog named Cleo.
- What is your education and fitness training experience and background? My degree is a BSN in Nursing. I am a classically trained Pilates Instructor.
- Do you have a career outside of fitness instruction of is this your full-time occupation? Fitness and parenting are my full time jobs.
- What do you enjoy most about teaching? I enjoy meeting new people and sharing my love for Pilates and fitness with others.
- What is your favorite class to teach and why? Pilates Mat is my favorite to teach because it’s very challenging, and I love to see client progression.
- What is your favorite exercise: Snake, Twist, and Teaser.
- What is your favorite type of music/favorite song to listen to while working out: Upbeat pop and techno.
- What are your favorite Pilates essentials? My Jiva waterbottle!
- What is your favorite brand of activewear and why? Alo, Spiritual Gangster, and Goldsheep.
- When not teaching Pilates, what are your hobbies and interests? I enjoy running and playing with my children in my free time.
- What is your favorite healthy snack? Yogurt with fruit and goldfish.
- What is the best benefit you’ve received from Pilates: The best benefits are a strong core, tone arms, and it helps clear my mind.
- Do you have any advice for someone just starting Pilates? You need to at least give Pilates 6 months before you decide if you like or dislike it!
We hope you enjoyed this week’s edition of our Instructor Snap Shot featuring Evan Jordan. Be sure to check in regularly so you can get to know all of our staff! Are you interested in trying a Classically-inspired Pilates Mat class with a little barre flair? Sign up online for Evan’s Pilates Mat Fusion on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:30am at Pure Pilates Downtown!